· Sets up and operates any type of precision machine tool, including conventional and CNC lathes and milling machines, tools and fixtures.
· Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
· Solves problems relative to work-holding arrangement, unusual materials, machine settings, tools, product specifications.
· Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· Reports to Shop Supervisor.
· High school diploma required, with 1-2 years of experience in the manufacturing field, OR teachable in this area.
· Preferred formal apprenticeship/technical schooling in mechanical drawings interpretation.
· Full working knowledge of all CNC machining centers and support equipment.
· Working knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, (ANSI-Y 14.5) drawing interpretation and shop math.
· Working knowledge of Geometric Tolerancing is a plus.
· Working knowledge of measuring equipment and gauging.
· Working knowledge of all hard and perishable tooling, chucks, jaws, cutting feeds and speeds.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in use of conventional and CNC lathes and milling machines, tools and fixtures.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Maintains professionalism, including verbal and written communication skills.
Back to Careers