· Responsible for day to day operations of the machine shop.
· Set production scheduling, assign and monitor tasks to subordinate machinists and laborers.
· Provide personnel direction and perform time card management.
· Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· Solves problems, provide direction as required, to specific machining operations, identifying and correcting in-efficient machining practices.
· Verify proper traveler, meet quantity, quality, and schedule requirements, and jobs are accomplished appropriately.
· Develop traveler as required.
· Verify normal maintenance to be performed on machines and tools.
· Verify proper tooling is available to perform all machining operations.
· Prepare an annual budget for maintenance and ancillary expenses of the machine shop.
· Review employee performance, develop employee grading metric.
· Verify employees receive appropriate safety training, stop any unsafe practice.
· Prepare estimates on labor hours, materials and special tooling required to perform the job.
· Perform Quality control as required, verify employee's work are performed per drawing specification.
· Reports directly to Upper Management.
· High School or equivalent, with formal apprenticeship/technical schooling in mechanical drawings interpretation.
· Full working knowledge of all CNC machining centers and support equipment.
· Full working knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, Geometric Tolerancing, (ANSI-Y 14.5) drawing interpretation and shop math.
· Full working knowledge of measuring and test equipment (MTE) and gauging.
· Full working knowledge of all hard and perishable tooling, chucks, jaws, cutting feeds and speeds.
· Minimum of 8-10 years experience in precision machining with both manual machining and CNC, and experience in all facets of CNC machining including related tools and fixtures. Previous supervisory position is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 quality requirements is a plus.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
· Possess management and leadership quality, professionalism and communication skills with all team members, customer and vendor.
· Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Energetic, aggressive, willing to perform a variety of tasks, take leads.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Back to Careers